Content Writer at Happen to Your Career
At Happen to Your Career we are a small, rapidly growing, company that believes in doing work you love and doing work in your strengths.
We value potential over experience and give high preference to those are already familiar with our brand and how we help people live the life they want to!
In this part-time contract position you will be working closely with Our CEO, and our Content for all of our products and brands (Happen to Your Career, Career Change Bootcamp, Family Passport, etc)
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Optimizing all content to meet our goals: create all our content for the purpose to educate, give hope, empower people to share, allow for people to option/continue to engage and above all be genuinely helpful, personal and stand out.
- Ideation and development: Work with CEO other content team members to give voice to our self-development concepts, frameworks, and tools in podcasts, blog posts, videos, live workshops, webinars, and online courses.
- Writing and editing: Work within brand voice to create, update, and refine blog posts, guest posts on other sites, teaching notes, course video scripts, slide decks, workbooks, bonuses, and ancillary materials as needed. GOAL: Making sure that what we put into the world is “Anti-Vanilla” and different material (and fits our values below)
- Research: Research and expand knowledge base for Guides, workshops and courses.
- Curation: Update and integrate existing intellectual assets into relevant formats (ex. old blog posts and podcasts into new guides and more relevant posts)
- Production: Produce audio, video, PDF, design elements and other content. Populate course sites for multiple products. Coordinate any necessary transcription, copywriting, video, audio, and/or design needs.
- Coordination: Participate in weekly meetings with CCO and other content creators on team projects. Hire and supervise contractors (e.g., writers, audio/video producers, editors, designers, proofers) to ensure clear communication regarding deadlines, deliverables, etc.
- Design and creative: Produce graphics in-house using web apps like Canva, Work with outside designers to create workbooks, ebooks, graphics, and illustrations as needed. (may occasionally need to
- SEO for all of our blog posts and pages
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- It floats your boat when you think about creating world class really really helpful content: We want to push the boundaries of creating incredible value driven highly personalized, highly emotional and medium to medium high snarky content for our audience. We only want to put world class content out there. (also…it’s ok if you’re drooling a bit right now.)
- You can execute much quicker than the average person: You’re used to running laps around the average person when it comes to execution in the areas of your talents
- You can’t help making things better: Continuous improvement is a stupid term because it’s just a way of life for you.
- Loves writing, creating and marketing: In fact you’ve probably talked to someone about one of these in the last 24 hours… You can’t help it, it’s cool! Let your Nerd Flag fly!
- you don’t have to google SEO: You do understand SEO in content marketing and have used it (with the URLs to prove it)
- You probably have a blog or a website or even a biz of your own (or all of the above)
- You find solutions: You can’t help it, when something goes wrong you have a “I will figure this out and make it happen” mentality about you!
This is a 100% remote work contract project position. It starts with a small project contract and depending on how you do will grow from there!
It’s will be in one of the following formats: Per job/project, Monthly Retainer, or Hourly (or a combination of the three depending on what we agree on)